Source of All Hope
Fridays | 12:30 pm – 6:30 pm | Baltimore, MD
Join us and our fellow friends at Source of All Hope – a Catholic missionary community dedicated to visiting Christ in the poor.
We leave from Memorial Chapel at 12:30 pm (after noon Mass) to drive to Baltimore and come back to campus at 6:30 p.m.
Schedule on Friday’s:
- 12:30-1:30 Drive to Baltimore, park, and walk to Source of All Hope Missionary House
- 1:30-2:00 pm Orientation on how to encounter the poor, break up into teams of three accompanied by a Source of All Hope Missionary
- 2:00pm-5:00 pm Accompanying a Missionary, hanging out and talking to the poor in downtown Baltimore
- 5:00 pm-5:30 pm Pray and reflect with the group, chance to pray alone in adoration as well
- 5:30 pm Leave Baltimore, arrive by 6:30 pm
Meals on Wheels
M-F | 9 am-11:45 am or 12 pm- 2 pm | Takoma Park/Silver Spring, MD
Meals on Wheels – a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing free meals to the residents of Takoma Park/Silver Spring – have recently opened the doors for new volunteers! This organization has doubled during the pandemic and volunteers are a critical part to their operations. They have three shifts from Monday through Friday:
- Kitchen Brigade
- Morning shift – 9am until 11:45am. Volunteers will prepare and package food for that day’s meals.
- Mid-day shift – 12pm until 2pm. Volunteers will prepare and package food for next day’s meals alongside helping the kitchen staff with clean up duty.
- Volunteers will arrive at the facility at 11:45am to pick up coolers, hot packs, and route sheets. Routes are finished within an hour to an hour and a half.
Wednesday Night Dinner
Wednesdays | 2 pm – 3:30 pm or 7:30 pm – 8 pm | CSC
Have you been wondering how to help out for Wednesday Night Dinner at the Catholic Student Center? Well, wonder no more! Come and join our wonderful WND crew and be a part of the behind the scenes in creating this event. We need volunteers to help before and/or after WND. Commitments can be one-time or regular.