As of June 29, PG County has allowed for public worship to resume at 50% capacity.
Sunday Mass will be at 10 am @ Catholic Student Center.
Sunday Mass attendance will be capped at 75.
At this time, there is no Daily Mass or 5 pm Vigil.
Advance registration for Mass is required via the button below.
Please read before coming for Mass:
- The dispensation from the obligation to attend Mass on Sundays and holy days of obligation issued on March 12, 2020, is still in effect until further notice.
- Parishioners who are particularly vulnerable (e.g. over the age of sixty, existing heart or lung conditions, diabetes, or otherwise immuno-compromised) or are sick in any way are urged to remain home.
- We will have a limited attendance (see above for exact number) for the Sunday 10 am Mass @ the Catholic Student Center. Mass will not be livestreamed (due to wifi limitations in the chapel). We invite those who cannot attend Mass to watch Sunday Mass with Archbishop Gregory here.
- We encourage Mass @ the CSC to be attended by our community members and students/faculty/staff living in College Park. Please attend your local parish if you are living off campus. This will ensure we keep to our 50 person limit.
- Face coverings will be required to attend Mass.
- You will need to show the email or text signup confirmation to a CSC staff member before entering the chapel, to ensure we comply with the person limit.
- Sanitizing hands will be required before entering the church – please bring your own but we will provide it as well.
- Social distancing is required at all times during Mass, including in the pews. Families of the same household may sit together. Pews will be marked to space people out appropriately.
- Restrooms are available for use at your own risk. We cannot guarantee complete sanitization between uses. We will provide bleach and paper towels for each person to wipe down surfaces they touched before leaving the restroom.
Directions During Mass:
- Doors will be propped open to minimize touching handles as people enter/exit the CSC building and the Chapel.
- Do not gather with others before or after Mass. Proceed directly to your pew/car.
- The collection basket will be on a table inside the chapel. Please drop donations before or after Mass. We STRONGLY encourage online giving through Faithdirect.net with code MD145 or through venmo @catholic-terps.
- Do not hold hands during Our Father.
- The Sign of peace will be omitted.
- Reception of Holy Communion:
- When you approach for Communion, please remain six feet from others in the line and from the minister. This will be accomplished by one household approaching the center aisle at a time. When it is your time to receive, keep your mask on and remain six feet away from the minister while he shows the Host and says, The Body of Christ. After you respond, Amen, approach the minister.
- Receive the Host in your hand, then continue walking and consume the host by removing your mask. Please put your mask back on after you consume the Eucharist.
- If the minister accidentally touches anyone’s hand, he will immediately disinfect his own hands.
- Dismissal will take place one row at a time, starting with the back row.